JEE Mains 2017 Eligibility, Exam Paper Pattern & Application Form :- JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) is one of the toughest examination in India. This examination is to get placement in B.Tech./B.Arch. programmes. It is a two-tier examination consisting of JEE Main and JEE Advanced, organized by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) Board. JEE Advanced Examination is for getting into IITs, while JEE Main is for bagging the opportunity of getting admission into NITs, IIITs, and other engineering institutes.
JEE Main 2017 is quite different from the previous ones. In the examination of 2017, the higher secondary examination’s (or 12th) marks will not be considered for evaluating JEE Main’s Rank. On the other hand, 12th standard’s percentage will not be considered as criteria for appearing in JEE Main Examination.
Although, for applicants who want to get into IITs/NITs/IITs and any other CFTIs who take admissions on the basis of JEE Advanced or JEE Main should be able to secure 75% (or be in top 20 percentile) in higher secondary examination. For SC/ST candidates, the qualifying percentage is 65%.
In 2017 examination of JEE, a candidate planning to apply for the examination must possess an authorized Adhaar Card.
JEE Main 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Check the following eligibility criteria before applying for JEE Main Examination of 2017.
1. Age Limit: The candidate should have a date of birth on or after October 01, 1992 for general category. For SC, ST and PwD (Person with Disabilities) candidates, it is October 01, 1987.
2. Educational Qualification: All the applying candidates must have 5 subjects in his/her higher secondary examination (or any equivalent examination) with the mandatory subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Students appearing for higher secondary examination in 2017 can also apply.
JEE Main 2017 Examination Paper Pattern
JEE Main 2017 examination consists of 2 question papers: Paper I and Paper II.
JEE Main Paper I:
1. This question paper is for qualifying into an engineering program (B.E./B.Tech.).
2. JEE Main Paper I composed of 90 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ). For Chemistry, there are 30 questions (each of 4 marks for correct answers with a negative marking of 1 for incorrect answers). 120 is the maximum marks applicant can obtain from this section. Same goes with subjects like Physics and Chemistry. The total marks one can obtain in Paper I is 360.
3. Duration of this examination is 3 hours and for PwD candidates with the disability of 40% or more can have 4 hours of duration.
4. Applicants can give the examination in one of the two languages, either English or Hindi. Candidates need to select the choice of language while applying for this exam.
5. The question paper can be solved in two modes: Online and Offline.
JEE Main 2017 Paper II
1. This question paper is for getting admission into B.Arch program.
2. Paper II of JEE Main examination carries 82 questions of multiple choices of which 30 questions are of mathematics, 50 are of aptitude test and the rest 2 are descriptive type questions from drawing test.
3. All the questions from the section of mathematics and aptitude are of 4 marks each for the correct answers and 1 negative marking for incorrect choices. For the remaining 2 descriptive type drawing questions, one can obtain 70 marks.
4. Maximum marks which can be obtained in mathematics section is 120. For aptitude, the maximum marks are 200 and for drawing, it is 70. That makes the sum total as 390 marks.
5. Duration of the examination remains as same as the exam duration in Paper I.
6. Also, Paper II can be solved in 2 languages like Paper-I: English and Hindi.
7. Paper II can only be answered in offline mode.
JEE Main 2017 Exam Form Notification
1. The JEE Main 2017 online application form has already been available for the applicants from December 1st, 2016. The last date of form submission is January 2nd, 2017.
2. Candidates can pay via debit/credit card till January 3rd, 2017.
3. Release date of Admit Card for 2017 examination is in March, 2017.