JEE is the most important exam for students who wish to pursue their career in the fields of engineering. Conducted by C.B.S.E. it is the Joint Entrance Examination for those candidates who wish to get in the top notch colleges offering courses on architecture and engineering. The notification for the same was released on 18th November 2016.
The applications are now invited for the same and those candidates who wish to appear for the examination should register themselves in order to give the examination and fulfil their dreams. Is to be kept in mind that JEE (Mains) is the qualifying examination for JEE (Advanced) and there are only 3 attempts given per person for the same. The following is the most important information with regard to JEE (Mains) 2017.
- Website: The official website which is to be accessed by the candidates for any further query is jeemain.nic.in .
- Aadhar Card: according to the recent rules set out by the authorities Aadhar Card is a must for the candidates applying for the examination. Those who do not possess the Aadhar Card should get themselves one at the nearest possible Facilitation Centres for aadhar enrolment set up for the convenience of the students itself. The Aadhar Number provided will work as a validation of the details of the candidate.
12th Marks: It has been further notified by the Ministry of Human Resource Development that there shall be no weightage for 12th class marks while calculating the ranks in JEE (Main) examination, although candidates who qualify JEE (Main) for admission on IIT/NIT/IIIT and other such CFTI whose admissions are based on JEE (Advanced)/ JEE(Main) should have secured a minimum of 75% in their 12th Class Examination. For SC/ST category the minimum of 65% is Also the candidate in order to be eligible should be from a stream of PCM or PCMB.
- Dates: The last date for online application is 2nd January although the fees can be paid up till 3rd The Admit card would be available in March 2017. The date for paper is 2nd April (offline), for online it is 8th & 9th April. The results will be declared on 27th April for JEE (mains) paper I and on for paper II it would be on 27th May although answer key would be made available after the examination in the month of April only.
|Papers||Pen & Paper Based Test||Online mode|
|Appearing||General/OBCs (Boys)||SC/ST/PWD/All Girls||General/OBCs||SC/ST/PWD/Girls|
|For examination centres opted in India|
|Paper 1 or 2||1000||500||500||250|
|Paper 1 and 2 both||1800||900||1300||650|
|For examination centres opted in foreign country|
|Paper 1 or 2||2500||1250||2500||1250|
|Paper 1 and 2 both||3800||1900||3800||1900|
- Fees: The following is the application fees for the same.
- Examination pattern: The JEE (Main) would be for engineering candidates. The number of questions asked would be 90 in the form of MCQs. The paper will be based on subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The language would be Hindi or English (as selected by the candidate). The duration of the paper would be 3 hours and the questions would be 4 marks each with negative marking of 1 mark.
The JEE (Mains) Paper II would be for architecture candidates. It would contain 30 questions from mathematics, 50 from Aptitude test and 2 from Drawing Test. Everything else would be the same.
Application Procedure: For those of you who have not applied yet please go on the official site. Click on the apply now link. Further click on new registration. Select the required fields. Once your registration number is generated keep a note of it for future references. In the details to the best of your knowledge. Upload the necessary documents and make the payment. Finally click on submit and your application procedure is complete. Once done keep a check on the website for any further notifications.