What are the features you need in a smartphone in 2018? A good display, dual cameras – a good selfie camera, good battery life, and an affordable price with a launching spree, let blackberry help you out with its ‘made in India’ range of blackberry evolve and evolve X. Blackberry claims these to be “ the most secure Android smartphones”. Manufactured by Optimus Infracom, Blackberry evolve X has been conceptualized, designed and manufactured in India, available ‘exclusively in India’. Priced at 34,990 it will be available wire online and offline retail channels. Run by Android 8.1 Oreo, the main focus of the company has been security- using multistage verification along with Google’s Android security.
- “ Most secure Android smartphone”. The focus is on security, more than any other features.
- Priced at 34,990 INR
- Made in India device for sale exclusively in India.
- Design and display: 5.99-inch full HD+ full view LTPS display, 18:9 ratio, 1080×2160 pixels resolution. Protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5 and oleophobic coating, to avoid smudges. Chassis of series 7000 aluminium frame, they’re termed “ultra durable” devices. The back is signature textured style rubberised back panel.
- Processor and storage: come with a 64 bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa Core SOC coupled with 64GB internal storage. A hybrid dual sim i.e. Nano sim + nano/microSD slot with an expandable MicroSD card slot up to 2 TB. Dolby surround sound makes the entertainment experience top notch.
- Camera: flaunts dual rear camera- 12 MP primary sensor with f/1.8 aperture, 1.4 Micron pixels, a 13mp secondary sensor with f/2.6 aperture. On the front, it is packed with a 16mp camera with f/2.0 aperture 78 degrees Wide Angle range and real-time bokeh mode. Also supports Face Unlock with only 0.4 seconds to unlock the device.
- Battery backup and wireless charging: the very first device that supports wireless charging Blackberry evolve x – wireless charger doesn’t come with the phone but it has to be purchased separately. Power packed with 4000 MaH battery, supports Qualcomm quick charge 3.0.
The main focus of the Blackberry device is Android security, it is appropriate only for a certain section of buyers, and does not get it to everybody’s needs. With all the competition in the market, the available options are more affordable and provide all the other specifications, – for which the Blackberry is a little pricey.